Food Obsessed with Anna in Dallas Dallas/Fort Worth restaurants

Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Burger Is Just a Burger: Keller's Drive-In on Northwest Highway

Keller's Drive-In - 3*s

I finally made it to Keller's for a burger and.. no beer. Since I was driving. We try to be responsible like that. Keller's has been on my list of places I really wanted to try. First of all, I thought the idea of a drive-in was AWESOME. Second of all, I read they had some deliciously greasy burgers. I don't know about you, but that sounded appealing to me. I happened to be in an area right next to Keller's the other day, so I said 'cool!' and got myself a cheeseburger and tater tots before I headed home. It was all very cheap. I'm not sure exactly, but I think the cheeseburger was $2.15 and the tater tots were $1.25. My pictures didn't turn out very well, because I wasn't that focused. The atmosphere is that of a drive-in. Basically. Was that loquacious enough for you? There were actually some couches outside and some people sitting on them. Other than that, there was some overhead covering to park your car under while you place your order.
 


Read on about the food..
On to the part I, and probably you, really care about. The food. I'm pretty sure the title says it all. My cheeseburger was fine, the meat was meaty enough, thick enough. It came with lettuce, onions, and a tomato. You can choose mustard or mayonaise. I chose mustard. Basically it was fine, but not great. Personally, I look for great. Sure, it was greasy and messy. My tater tots were greasy, but again didn't excite me. I do love tater tots, so I eventually ate them. With some blue cheese. Yum. Though personally, I would actually prefer tater tots with less grease. Still, if you were going there for less food-obsessed reasons, especially for a date, I think it would be quite fun. You could make out in your car, chow down on some mediocre food, get a little tipsy, and have a grand old time. The location I went to takes credit cards as well.

I plan to post a review of a burger place I enjoyed more: the Ketchup Burger Bar. They have 4 different kinds of ketchup! Or it might be more. Posting a review of a place I actually like. Crazy I know.

Located at:
On Northwest Highway, by Abrams Rd.
6537 East Northwest Highway
Dallas, TX 75231
(214) 368-1209
Open Mon-Thurs 9 AM-10:30 PM
          Fri              9 AM-11:30 PM
          Sat - Sun    9 AM-11:45 PM
Second location at:
10554 Harry Hines Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75220
(214) 357-3572

Keller's Drive-in on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment